14 February 2010

Twitter for Dogs from Mattel



Mattel is ready to launch a toy called Puppy Tweet that will give your dog the ability to send Twitter updates about what he or she is doing -- more or less.


The collar detects when your dog moves or make a sound, then randomly selects one of 500 pre-written tweets to post to Twitter. There is a proximity factor too since your dog will be tweeting wirelessly to a USB receiver that is plugged into an Internet connected computer or device.


The tweets are random so it won't really reflect what your dog is doing, but it lets you know your dog is doing something. An example: “I finally caught that tail I’ve been chasing, and . . . OOUUUCHH!” and for a more anthropomorphic leaning owner, “I bark because I miss you. There, I said it. Now hurry home.”

Puppy Tweets will cost $29.99 when it launches in the United States this fall at e-tailers like Amazon.

No comments: