|Gourmet Menus for Your Cat and Dog|
Author has been compensated for completion of this article. Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc. is not responsible for the content of this article.
I've had cats and dogs in my life -- although only dogs right now -- and I can attest to both the cats and dogs wanting to be fed in the mornings. There is certainly no lounging around in our household, but perhaps that is all the horses we've had over the years too.
Our animals have always been adamant about feeding time, perhaps they were listening to my mother (a Registered Dietitian) telling us for years that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
When I had cats, I tried to offer them something early in the day that was enticing, often canned food, and they always seemed to like that. Once they have had the canned food, you'll want to leave a dish of dry food for nibbling on throughout the day. Cats are natural grazers, so having some food available will make the routine of eating, sleeping, sunbathing, snacking, sitting on the computer keyboard, and napping so much simpler.
If you and your cat are together during the day, offering treats is a great way to make your cat feel special -- plus it is a good way to give them attention without taking all the attention away from your own projects. If you are working outside the home offer treats to your cat when you return triumphant from the day in the work-world. Have your cat treats in a convenient place so you can pat her on the head, hand her a tasty treat and all will be right in the world again.
For dinner, why not start with an appetizer of wet food, followed by refilling the dry food dish for dinner and late night snacks. What a lucky kitty!
When I looked at the cat and dog products for this giveaway, there were lots of positives. Here are three that you might appreciate.
Points of Interest
- No matter what you like to use to feed or treat your pet, you'll have a great selection with dry food, wet food and treats from Hill’s® Ideal Balance™.
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ foods have NO corn, wheat or soy and no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Treats aren’t just for dogs – cats love getting a special treat, too! Ideal Balance has natural treats for both dogs and cats.
Yes, yes, that is all great but how about the giveaway?
GIVEAWAY - YAY!
Twenty lucky winners will receive a Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Gift basket, 10 for cat lovers and 10 for dog lovers. The baskets include the following:
Ideal Balance Dog Gift basket: (10 Available)
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Grain-Free Natural Chicken & Potato Recipe Adult – 3.5 lb bag
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ wet food – 6 cans
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Treats – 2 bags variety
- Dog bowl
Ideal Balance Cat Gift basket: (10 Available)
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Grain-Free natural Chicken & Potato Recipe Adult – 2 lb bag
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ wet food variety pack – 6 cans case
- Hill’s® Ideal Balance™ Crunchy Naturals with Real Tuna
- Cat bowl
- Place mat
Gift Basket Giveaway | Try Hill’s Ideal Balance Grain Free
I’d love to hear your thoughts about grain free cat and dog food. Do your cats or dogs struggle with grains in their food? What do you like about grain free? On Tuesday, October 1st, I will be (okay it will actually be one of the dogs picking up printed comments) randomly choosing comments (20 total) to win a free gift basket so that you can try Hill’s Ideal Balance Grain Free. (Be sure to let me know if you want to try dog or cat food.) Please share this with local rescue groups so that they can enter to win too.
Thanks for stopping and be sure to share and comment on Facebook too.